Play The Game
Everything you need to know about joining Welsh Netball for the 2016-17 season.
Why join Welsh Netball?
Firstly, there are several reasons to join Welsh Netball. We are a netball family who share your love and passion for the sport. Here are just some of the ways you will benefit by being a member, or renewing your membership.
1. Public Liability and Personal Accident insurance cover.
2. Information, advice and support direct from your Netball Development Officer from your region. Find out who your Regions NDO is.
3. Entry to leagues and national competitions associated with Welsh Netball.
4. Reduced rates on Welsh Netball’s coaching and umpire courses, and access to our awards, events and workshops.
5. Reduced rates to WN’s Performance and Development camps throughout the year.
6. Support in promoting your Club or Team throughout the year – details on the Welsh Netball website, and social media support.
7. A Club representative is entitled to vote at General Meetings.
8. Receive our bi-monthly Netball Post newsletter directly to your email inbox.
9. Access to Welsh Netball’s player pathway – LA Hub, Development Training Centre and Performance Training Centre. Find out more about WN’s pathway, here: Player Development
10. Become a valuable member of a netball community of like-minded people, who share your passion for the sport.
We are really pleased that you have decided to join the Welsh Netball community. Whether you’re an aspiring coach or umpires, or joining to have lots of fun playing netball – there are several different membership options for you to consider. Please see the table on the right for details and fees.
Great news – all our membership fees have been frozen for the 2016-17 season! Whether you’re affiliating for the very first time, or re-affiliating for the 100th time, our prize freeze means that there will be no extra costs on top of last year’s. However, don’t forget - Adult Members have until 31 October to join on the current £30 fee. If you decide to join after this date then a £5 fee will be added to the £30. So be sure to put a note in your diaries, or remind your Club Secretary!
Are you already a member of Welsh Netball and wish to continue your membership into 2016-17? Then head below to see what you need to do next.
Changes to the re-affiliation process and what do they mean.
Changes have been made to the Welsh Netball re-affiliation process, as of 15 August, 2016. Our loyal members who are already affiliated will be aware of the process that’s been in place until now. However, we are having an autumn-spring clean of our membership system and kindly ask you to update your information.
We want to learn more about our clubs - know what their strengths are and the areas where they might need support. To do this, we will ask clubs to give Welsh Netball some extra information when you affiliate your club for the 2016-17 season.
It’s important that you know that the information you give us is not being collected to use against you or to judge you. This information will enable us to tailor the support we provide our clubs to ensure it meets your needs.
Clubs will be required to go through this new affiliation process before they can affiliate their club members for the new season.
These extra steps mean that it will take a bit longer to affiliate than in previous years, but we've tried to make it as easy as possible. We appreciate that this might be daunting to those who are used to the old system, so we’ve put together a simple ‘How To’ Guide to take you step-by-step through the club re-affiliation process. Download it, here.
|Full Adult Member||£30 before 31st October 2016
£35 after 31st October 2016
under 18 as of 1st September 2016
|Junior: Under 11||£5|
|Adult Member monthly option
(maximum 3 months)
|£5 per month|
|Social and Supporting Member||Free of Charge|
|College & University Free||£120|